Friday, June 23, 2006

A MESSAGE IN A DREAM

I had a very interesting dream on Saturday/Sunday evening. I believe that the dream should be shared based on the ending. I hope it brings you as much comfort as it has brought me.

My dream begins in a room, possibly in a funeral home. I am sitting there with my nephew Joe. Apparently we are at my brother’s wake, as he is lying in a casket. Something falls on his leg and suddenly he sits up to remove the object. I turn to Joe to see his response but he is no longer there. As I turn back toward my brother, the casket is gone and he is sitting in velvet covered arm chair.

We talk for what seems like hours. He answers every one of my questions and we talk like we did when he was alive. Then, when our conversation is over he does the strangest thing.

In order for you to understand what made his next action so peculiar, I need to provide a little background. When my brother would visit when I was 10 or 11, I would always ask him to play catch. Unfortunately, he never had the time. However, after we had finished our conversation in my dream, he says, "Let’s play catch".

We play catch for a little while and then he makes a throw that gets past me. As I turn to get the ball, I hear him say, "Sorry. Please tell everyone that I'm all right." When I turn, he is gone and I wake from my dream.

So, I leave you the message that Bill sent in the dream - he's O.K.

No comments: