Monday, April 16, 2007

MEET THE ROBINSONS

On Friday night, Cindy, Crystal & I went to see "Meet The Robinsons", in Disney 3-D. If you haven't seen 3-D in a while, go see the movie. The effects were not overblown; for a change, 3-D was used to enhance the movie not to been the focal point. As with the Bill's Optimax system, the glasses seemed to be polarized, yet not as dark. The trailers showed a few other films that will be released in 3-D in the near future. Also, later this year "U2 3D" will hit theaters.

As the closing credits rolled, tears came to my eyes. While I was proud of my brother's work when "Comin' At Ya!" was released, I was even more proud at that moment. As the current wave of 3-D owes a debt to 1950s 3-D, it also owes a debt to 1980s 3-D. I can't say that without Bill's work in the field there would be no new 3-D movies, but it would seem logical that his work paved the way for better 3-D.

Here's another photo of Bill from the "Comin' At Ya!" set. My music share for today is one of Bill's favorites for Lou Reed's "New York" CD.


Busload Of Faith (LP Version)

No comments: