Wednesday, May 23, 2007

BRUCE VS. THE STONES

I was just watching some video footage from the soon to be release "Live In Dublin" from Bruce Springsteen with The Sessions Band and I started to think about some of the conversations that Bill and I had regarding our favorite bands. We both had an appreciation for The Beatles so it seems we never really spoke about them except when we found some obscure unreleased material. However, when it came to our individual favorites (Rolling Stones for Bill and Bruce Springsteen for me) we seemed to always try to sway one another by explaining the appeal of our respective favorites. We seemed to have a mutual respect for each other's favorite - typically Bill would point out a favorite tune from a Bruce album or concert and I would do the same with the Stones.


Having said that, I would have certainly forwarded these links to Bill so that he could see and hear some of Bruce's new stuff. And so, I share these with you.

"Live In Dublin" Trailer

"Atlantic City" and "Growin' Up" videos

"American Land" video

No comments: