Wednesday, July 04, 2007

FOURTH OF JULY

I don't recall spending any July 4th's with Bill, but I'm sure I did at our summer house when I was very young. I'm including a photo of Bill from the summer house. That's him swinging in a tree back in July of 1964. My music shares for today are songs about America. Some positive, some negative, some indifferent. Have a fun and safe Independence Day!!!



American Prayer (Jim Morrison with music by The Doors)

Livin' In America (Black 47)

American Land (Bruce Springsteen & The Sessions Band)

Soul Of America (Ian Hunter)

American Idiot (Green Day)

Living In America (James Brown)

American Pie (Don McLean)

American Child (Phil Vassar)

This Is Not America (David Bowie & Pat Metheny)

I Am A Patriot [West Palm Beach, FL - 4/11/2003] (Pearl Jam)

American Dream (Lucinda Williams)

God Bless America (Kate Smith)

No comments: