Sunday, September 02, 2007

PICTURES FROM BILLY, DAY 2

On day two of this feature I am including more photos from the Vancouver Expo. As I have been reviewing Bill's slides it occurs to me that his photography was made for the digital age. It seems that Bill's attempts to capture the perfect image of his subject caused him - on many occasions - take 3, 4 and even 5 photos within seconds. To avoid the redundancy, I will only include the best of each series.



Rather than include a series of songs about photography during this month, I will attempt to post songs that Bill liked or that address some part of his life. Here's a song that makes me think of Jerry's candy store in Greenpoint - where Bill and I both grew up. Since the topic of 'egg creams' came up more than a couple of times in our conversations, I know that Bill and I agreed that Jerry made the best we ever had. I always thought that it was great that one of Bill's favorite recording artists - Lou Reed - would pay tribute to one of his (and my) all time favorite concoctions.

Egg Cream

No comments: