Tuesday, February 26, 2008

U2 - 3D REVIEW

As we left the movie theater last night, I said to my wife that I had wanted to see U2-3D for a couple of reasons:

1. I have always liked the band and have not seen them in concert for several years.
2. I like 3D films - probably because of Bill's involvement in the industry.
3. I never got the chance to see the Aerosmith 3D film Bill worked on and I hoped this would give me a sort of reference for that film.

What did I take home from the film? The 3D was good but I felt since it was a concert film, it could have taken more of a queue from "Comin' At Ya!" and used a little more gimmickry. Maybe a few more guitar necks or mikes sticking out over the audience. In the effects category, the film was unexciting.

The other thing that I noticed was an emptiness. The film was not exciting. U2 is not the most glamorous band to see live - you go for the music. Seeing them on the screen in a theater that had only ten customers, made them seem almost boring.

Great music, OK effects, Zero Excitement. I rate U2-3D:

No comments: