Friday, November 03, 2006

CORONER'S REPORT

The coroner's report came in this past week and I opened it with mixed emotions: relief that we would finally know how Bill died, but also apprehension, since I might not really want to know the details.

To my family, the most important part of the report is where the coroner indicates that "the trauma present DID NOT contribute to his demise." He continues that it "was sustained as he collapsed." Based on this finding it seems that Bill died before he collapsed and thankfully did not suffer for an extended period of time.

Ultimately, Bill died of something called "Left Ventricular Hypertrophy." I will not even begin to try to explain what that is since I am still trying to fully grasp the meaning of the condition. Click here for a Google search result for more information.

I would like to thank everyone one of you who has stayed in touch during the last several months while we waited for these findings and I hope that you will continue to do so. It has been wonderful to get to know Bill from different perspectives.

Finally, I found this picture of Bill on the same day I received the report and it seems fitting to me that it be included in this post.

No comments: