Monday, February 16, 2009

40 YEARS AGO

Last Monday (February 9) and today, mark the 45th Anniversaries of the Beatles first two appearances on Ed Sullivan. In a way it was nice to have a memory of these two events and also to remember where Bill was on specific days in his life. I know I watched the shows, even though I was two. I can't help but think that Bill convinced my parents to let me.


If he were with us today, Bill could attest to the fact that I was also able to pull Beatles records out of his 45s collection. Bill's liking would later lean toward the Rolling Stones, but I continued (and still do) rank the Beatles as my all-time favorites. I can't help but think that watching them on those consecutive Sundays in 1964 had something to do with this and my continued love of Rock 'n' Roll.

No comments: