Friday, February 06, 2009

DONNA FROM NYU

Thanks again to Donna from NYU for sharing more thoughts about Bill. Donna made this comment on Bill's birthday:

Hi,I'm "Donna from NYU" whose memory of Billy you have posted from 9/16/08. I've been reading thru this website since then, so I knew Billy's b'day was Jan 3rd & that you'd therefore post something. If you remember, I had written that my brother, Larry, died on 8/28/84. His b'day is Oct 3rd, so he would have been 54 now. The site keeps drawing me back in part because I can relate to Phil's grief, like when he recently wrote about Obama's victory, "Instinctively, I was going to call Bill...[and then] tears came to my eyes." I can relate completely. Phil, I am so impressed w/ all you've learned & shared about your beloved brother's life. When I wrote that every time I hear Rod Stewart's "Maggie May" I will continue to think of Billy, I didn't explain that I listen to the radio in my car all the time & that song is very popular on many stations' playlists, so I hear it alot. So, when I read your birthday blog & you wrote, "May the memory of a moment you spent with my brother make you smile" I had to tell you that on Jan 3rd I heard "Maggie May" on the radio, knew it was Billy's birthday and smiled. I know you're finding, like I have, that time does help, so I hope my post makes YOU smile, Phil.

Yes, Donna - it did! Now, here's something for you:

No comments: