Monday, March 19, 2007

IN MEMORIAM (2007)

Cindy and I held our own little memorial for Bill yesterday by visiting Parrot Jungle Island, in Miami. I couldn't think of a more fitting way to remember my brother than by playing with the birds he loved so much. (Pictures will appear in the next post.)

When Bill died last year, I wanted a part of him to bury in a close-by place that I could visit. So, when my parents and my sister went to L.A. to close Bill's apartment, my mom sent me a hair brush so that I could have some of his hair to bury. I held the hair until yesterday. I believe that my brother would have enjoyed Parrot Jungle and so his hair has been scattered behind the second perch just off the Island Crossing section of the park (see picture).



On this, the day that we begin our second year without Bill, I hope you are all doing well. If you would, please say a prayer for my brother today.

During my last trip to the cemetery, I had a few moments alone in the car near the wall where Bill's ashes are interred. I rolled down the window closest to him and played "Dead Flowers" by the Rolling Stones. So, I share that song with you today, hoping that you will listen to it and reflect on the times you spent with Bill.


Dead Flowers

No comments: