Friday, March 09, 2007

MEMORIES OF JOSHUA TREE

Today marks the 20th Anniversary of the release of U2's "Joshua Tree". Bill and I would have definitely spoken about the anniversary. It was a CD that we both enjoyed immensely. I had become a U2 fan with the previous two releases. This was the first U2 release that captured Bill's attention. I remember visiting him during this period and remember that he listened to the CD frequently. I also remember telling him about the two shows I saw at the Meadowlands (a lame performance in the first one - one of my top fives in the second).

Here's a picture of Bill in the dessert (Joshua Tree maybe?) and a cut from the Joshua Tree CD.



Trip Through Your Wires


MEET THE BEATLES - I MEAN - MEET THE SMITHEREENS

In case you missed it, a few weeks ago we celebrated the 43 anniversary of the release of "Meet The Beatles". To mark the event, The Smithereens released "Meet The Smithereens", which is a complete remake of the Beatles' release. Here's a sample from that release:

I Want To Hold Your Hand

No comments: