Friday, March 16, 2007

PAUL ANKA - "PFFFF"

I can almost hear the "Pfff" sound that Bill would have made if I could have told him what my wife and I are doing tonight. I won tickets to see Paul Anka in concert at the Sinatra Theater in Sunrise, FL. Most likely he would have had a story about his youth and an Anka song. Ultimately, he probably would have agreed that Anka has had an impressive career as a songwriter. (Among his songwriting credits is a song that both Frank Sinatra and Elvis Presley had hits with - "My Way".)

Here's a photo of Bill from a time (1966-67) when Paul Anka's "Put Your Head On My Shoulder", "Diana", and "Puppy Love" were still in the rotation on non-Odies radio stations. The shared song for today is a Nirvana cover from Anka's "Rock Swings" CD.


Smells Like Teen Spirit

No comments: