Wednesday, March 07, 2007

LISTEN UP

Thanks for visiting. It's been a while since the last post, but it was time well spent. I've been spending a lot of time with Bill's things and I've learned a lot more about my brother. I am also starting to deal with the fact that there is so much about him that I might never know - but that all depends on those of you who do know more...

As you may or may not know, my brother and I had a music exchange going for what was probably close to twenty years. Early on, we exchanged cassettes and later I would send him copies of my latest CDs. It seems that we always exchanged information about music whenever we spoke. Those conversations are something I miss a great deal.

So, starting with this entry and continuing with every entry going forward, I have decided to attach a link to a song that I would have liked to share with Bill. The song link comes courtesy of Napster. You must have a high speed connection, allow Napster pop-ups (for the player), and you must register (free) to listen (once registered you can listen (free) to every song I post - or any of the over 2 million songs available - up to three times). Simply click on the link and following the instructions. When you listen to your first song, you will be asked to login. You can avoid doing this on subsequent listening sessions by marking the "Remember me" box.

This song has been around for the better part of a year. When I first heard it, my initial thought was that I have to ask Bill if he had heard it; then I realized that I couldn't. Since he was a White Stripes fan, it might have been him telling me about the song. Anyway, have a listen to Jack White's other band, The Raconteurs.

Steady, As She Goes

No comments: