Thursday, March 15, 2007

IDES OF MARCH

You know, as I started to begin this post, I thought about the historical meaning of the ides of march. For some reason, the death of Caesar called to mind Jim Morrison, which made my mind draw a comparison of Morrison's death to Bill's death. I read once that the remaining members of The Doors and many of Morrison's friends found it hard to believe he was dead because they never saw the body. I never realized how someone could feel that way, until my family experienced the same thing with Bill. So often, when the phone rings, my mind (or maybe my heart) wants to believe it could be him...

My musical share today is from "Train". I was looking through some pictures of Bill when I first heard this song. One of the photos appeared (at least to me) to be a picture of Bill from the days he drove a cab. So, I thought it would be appropriate to post this picture with this song.



Cab

No comments: