Tuesday, March 13, 2007

STORIES OF BILL

On Sunday, my stepdaughter Crystal received the Sacrament of Confirmation. Afterward, we had a gathering at our home. As the guys sat around the kitchen table exchanging stories, for the time I was able to share a few stories about Bill without breaking down. I was actually able to smile and laugh, which is a welcome change since I often found myself laughing when I spoke to, or spent time with, my brother. I'm sure there will be some tough days as the anniversary of his death approaches, but at least for one afternoon I was able to celebrate his life with laughter.

Since today is Tuesday, I will share two songs with you (Two-For-Tuesday). Neither of the songs is new, but I know Bill like both of them. Both are by Lou Reed - the second was recorded in Los Angeles in 2003. I'm not sure if Bill attended the show, but I do remember when we went to see Lou at the Universal Amphitheater back in 1984. "New Sensations" was out and Bill played the LP over and over. Needless to say, he thoroughly enjoyed the show. I'm sure most of you will remember the framed print of Lou that hung in Bill's home for years.

The photo below is from the mid-sixties, that me and Bill in front and our sister Suzie in the background. The photo is currently the desktop on my work PC.



Dirty Blvd.

Sweet Jane (Live In Los Angeles, 2003)

No comments: